|WinChloe is a software devoted
to chess problems written by Christian
Since version 2.00, WinChloe has a bilingual interface :
French and English
Main features :
- More than 670 000 problems recorded in the main
- 11 reference tables : authors (more than 18 000),
sources, themes, conditions ...etc.
An Internet connection is needed to update these tables.
- Possibility to record chessboards from 1×1 to 250×250.
- Formatted solution.
- Filters and queries.
- each record, i.e. each problem, including diagram
(using "1Echecs" font), author(s) name, source, solution,
themes... can be copied to the clipboard in RTF format,
then pasted in a text editor such Word. Several problems
can be copied at the same time.
Since version 2.00, the text can be automatically copied
in "MS Word" and/or "OpenOffice.org Writer".
- a new solving program which knows :
- 20 stipulations (direct, help, self ...).
Since version 3.09 : solving of orthodox direct
and selfmates is much faster. Also, it is
multithreaded and can use an external 64-bits engine.
For instance, on Intel(R) Core(TM) (4 cores - 8
threads) i7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz with 8 GB memory, Windows
8 64-bits :
|the following 8 is solved (key + variations
with threats) in 2 s.
Olivier SCHMITT, diagrammes 2009
|the following 11 is solved (key +
variations with threats) in 8 minutes
Volker ZIPF, Problemschach 2009
|the following s9 is solved (key +
variations) in 13 minutes 29 s.
Udo DEGENER, Ceskoslovensky ach 2006
|the following s=10 is solved (key +
variations) in 10 s.
Daniel PERONE, Ideal-Mate Review 2012
- more than 120 aims (mate, stalemate, capture, ideal
mate, model pin mate ...)
- more than 1100 fairy pieces
- more than 700 fairy conditions, on any (normal,
cylinder or anchor-ring) board from 1×1 to 250×250.
- and which is able to recognize a lot of themes
- It is also possible to use the old "Chloe" programs,
and Pascal Wassong's "Natch" for proof games.
- Since version 3.05 : it is possible to solve
studies if the corresponding Nalimov tablebases are
- "Redaction mode" : you play the moves on the diagram
and they are automatically written in the solution.
- It is possible to analyze orthodox studies or
moremovers using a UCI engine (Houdini, Critter,
Stockfish, Fruit, Rybka, Naum ...)
- If you select a move in the solution, the corresponding
position appears on the board.
- Some tutorials are available.
- Statistics : number of problems by author, source, year
- Possibility to save the diagram in PNG, BMP, GIF or
- Possibility to regularly update the table "Echecs" (~
once a month).
- Possibility to freely download new versions of
WinChloe requires :
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
- Internet connection.
- 500 Mb disk space.