|WinChloe is a software
devoted to chess problems written by Christian
Since version 2.00, WinChloe has a bilingual
interface : French and English
Main features :
- More than 790 000 problems recorded in the main table "Echecs"
- 11 reference tables: authors (more than 20 000), sources, themes, conditions ...etc.
An Internet connection is needed to update these
- Possibility to record chessboards from 1×1 to
- Formatted solution.
- Filters and queries.
- each record, i.e. each problem, including
diagram (using "1Echecs" font), author(s) name,
source, solution, themes... can be copied to the
clipboard in RTF format, then pasted in a text
editor such Word. Several problems can be copied
at the same time.
Since version 2.00, the text can be automatically
copied in "MS Word" and/or "OpenOffice.org
- a new solving program which knows :
- 20 stipulations (direct, help, self ...).
Since version 3.09 : solving of orthodox
direct and selfmates is much faster. Also,
it is multithreaded and can use an external
For instance, on Intel(R) Core(TM) (4 cores -
8 threads) i7-3770 CPU 3.40GHz with 8 GB
memory, Windows 8 64-bits :
|the following ≠8 is solved
(key + variations with threats) in 2
Olivier SCHMITT, diagrammes 2009
|the following ≠11 is solved
(key + variations with threats) in 8
minutes 33 s.
Volker ZIPF, Problemschach 2009
|the following s≠9 is solved
(key + variations) in 13
minutes 29 s.
Udo DEGENER, Ceskoslovensky Šach
|the following s=10 is solved (key +
variations) in 10 s.
Daniel PERONE, Ideal-Mate Review
- more than 140 aims (mate, stalemate,
capture, ideal mate, model pin mate ...)
- more than 1200 fairy pieces
- more than 1100 fairy conditions, on any
(normal, cylinder or anchor-ring) board from
1×1 to 250×250.
- and which is able to recognize a lot of themes
- It is also possible to use the old "Chloe"
programs (on 32-bits system), and Pascal Wassong's
"Natch" for proof games.
- Since version 3.05 : it is possible to solve
studies if the corresponding Nalimov tablebases
- "Redaction mode" : you play the moves on the
diagram and they are automatically written in the
- If you select a move in the solution, the
corresponding position appears on the board.
- It is possible to analyze orthodox studies or
moremovers using a UCI engine (Houdini, Critter,
Stockfish, Fruit, Rybka, Naum ...)
- Some tutorials are
- Statistics : number of problems by author,
source, year ...
- Possibility to save the diagram in PNG, BMP,
GIF or JPEG format.
- Possibility to regularly update the table
"Echecs" (~ once a month).
- Possibility to freely download new
versions of WinChloe.
WinChloe requires :
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
- Internet connection.
- 1 GB disk space.